Physician / Provider Needs Assessments & Medical Staff Development Plans
Our team has assisted hospitals with medical staff development planning and physician/provider needs assessments for over 20 years.
We work with hospital systems, independent hospitals and other entities to assess the following:
- Community needs (supply/demand) for providers within urban and rural settings. This includes “Stark Compliance” evaluations. We can assess over 50 adult subspecialties and 20 pediatric subspecialties.
- Competitive physician alignment (how do we “stack up” against the competition?).
- Internal organizational needs based on access, subspecialty gaps and deficiencies, ambulatory site needs, succession planning and other strategic drivers.
- Use of physicians versus APPs/mid-levels.
- Primary care models.
- Potential impacts to provider needs (e.g. anticipated changes in service lines, impact of virtual health)
- Future recruitment planning (2-3 year window).